The mission of Education Quality Assessment and Assurance system of YSMU is the implementation of internal mechanisms of quality assurance at all levels of education and stimulation of the continuous quality improvement.
YSMU QA center was established in 2011. In frames of several international projects (DIUSAS, PICQA, GOVERN, ARQATA, VERITAS) staff members of QA councils and center participated in trainings organized by European recognized universities. Based on gained experience tools and procedures for internal quality assurance were developed and implemented. QA center plays big role in conduction of self-evaluation for external assessment and accreditation of university.
QA system of YSMU consists of QA central and faculty councils and Education Quality Assessment and Assurance Center.
Functions and duties of the Educational Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee of the Scientific Council
• Acting as a supervisory body of experts, which assesses and ensures the adherence of the university’s quality assurance processes and internal criteria with the accepted external criteria.
• Preparing and submitting for approval to scientific council the procedural, legislative, and criteria documents of the relevant quality assurance processes.
• Developing and supporting the implementation of QA procedures for approval of new educational programs and the supervising of existing educational programs in university departments.
• Responsible for coordination of learning and teaching quality assessment procedures.
• Responsible for development of learning and teaching quality measurement tools and systematic approach.
Functions and duties of the Educational Quality Assessment and Assurance Center
• Acting under the Educational Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee of the Scientific Council.
• Accountable to the Educational Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee of the Scientific Council.
• Developing education quality assurance tools, processes, and procedures.
• Ensuring implementation of above mentioned processes to the educational system.
• Responsible for performance of quality assurance and assessment procedures and decisions adopted by the scientific council.
• Supervising the performance of appropriate procedures by faculty committees.
• Ensuring the connection between the Faculty and the Scientific Council Quality Assurance and Assessment Committees.
Functions and duties of the Educational Quality Assessment and Assurance Faculty Committees
• Supervising the performance of faculty educational program planning, developing, improving, and their quality assurance procedures.
• Supervising the appropriate supply of educational programs by methodological, technical, and human recourses.
• Participating in the development of the quality assessment and assurance tools, procedures, and policies of the university.
• Responsible for ensuring the acceptable performance of the quality assurance measures, internal control, and decisions adopted by university council.
• Accountable to the Educational Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee of the Scientific Council and Educational Assessment and Assurance Center. Periodically reports to the above mentioned bodies.
Head of quality assessment and assurance center is Aram Hayrapetyan.