EU Horizon2020 Project
Horizon 2020 is the biggest EU Research and Innovation program ever with nearly €80 billion of funding available over 7 years (2014 to 2020) – in addition to the private investment that this money will attract. It promises more breakthroughs, discoveries and world-firsts by taking great ideas from the lab to the market. It is the 8th framework program funding research, technological development, and innovation and is implemented by the European Commission.
The framework program's objective is to complete the European Research Area (ERA) by coordinating national research policies and pooling research funding in some areas to avoid duplication.
The program consists of 3 main research areas that are called "pillars".
The first pillar, "Excellent Science", focuses on basic science. This pillar funds future and emerging technologies (FET) and researcher mobility (Marie Sklodowska-Curie Action) and large European research infrastructures.
The second pillar is "Industrial Leadership". It is managed by DG Enterprise and based on Europe 2020 and Innovation Union strategies. The pillar consists of six sub-programs within "Leadership in Enabling and Industrial Technologies":
This pillar contains special efforts to SME funding and gives also risk financing, e.g. through loans of the European Investment Bank.
The third pillar funds potential solutions to social and economic problems, "Societal challenges" (SC), in the following seven sub-programs:
This pillar also funds themes names as "Science with and for society" and "Spreading excellence and widening participation".
Introductory PPT (download file)
More information can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/horizon2020/
Find open calls at http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/opportunities/h2020/index.html
Work Programme 2018-2020 PDF (download file)
- HORIZON 2020 ASSOCIATION LAUNCHING WORKSHOP, YEREVAN, JUNE 2016
- TRAINING H2020 NATIONAL CONTACT POINTS, KIEV, MARCH 2016
- EU-EAP STI COOPERATION IN ADDRESSING HEALTH CONFERENCE, BUDAPEST, APRIL 2016
- EXPERT GROUP MEETING FOR RECOMMENDATIONS ON SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION COOPERATION IN CLIMATE CHANGE AND HEALTH, BONN, MAY 2016
- EU HORIZON 2020 AND INNOVATION TRAINING IN YEREVAN
- IMI WORKSHOP FOR HELATH NATIONAL CONTACT POINTS
- HORIZON 2020 & COSME, 18-19 OCTOBER 2016, YEREVAN
- H2020 ASSOCIATION CONFERENCE & H2020 TRAINING SEMINAR, 10 - 11 NOVEMBER, YEREVAN, ARMENIA
- HOW TO IMPLEMENT ICT ASPECTS IN R&D HEALTH PROJECTS UNDER HORIZON2020 8-9 NOVEMBER, 2016, TEL AVIV, IZRAEL
- CONFERENCE ON «SHARING EXPERIENCES FROM THE ASSOCIATION TO H2020», 30-31 MAY, 2017, CHISINAU
- INFORMATION DAY IN YSMU, 9 JUNE, 2017, YEREVAN
- INFORMATION DAY IN THE FRAMES OF “YSMU SCIENCE WEEK-2017”, NOVEMBER 27 - DECEMBER 1, 2017, YEREVAN, ARMENIA
- EAP PLUS HORIZON 2020 TRAINING FOR NCPS, MAY 29, 2018, YEREVAN, ARMENIA
- HEALTH-NCP-NET 2.0 MULTI STAFF EXCHANGE VISIT PROGRAMME IN WARSAW (POLAND)
- TRAINING ON INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION AND L&F ISSUES IN SC1 WARSAW, POLAND.
- TRAINING ON PROPOSAL WRITING AND INTERACTIVE TRAINING METHODS ZAGREB, CROATIA